Pierre Johnson, Chilling footage captures moment Chicago group armed with ‘machine guns’ opens fire, killing 14-year-old boy and wounding three other people.
The four armed suspects — including at least one possibly 16 — are seen sneaking across an empty lot Wednesday night before jumping out from behind a building and firing off multiple rounds down the street, then running off, according to the surveillance footage obtained by CWB Chicago.
The barrage of gunfire killed 14-year-old Pierre Johnson and critically wounded two young men, ages 18 and 19. A 21-year-old woman also was shot in the hand.
The 18-year-old was shot in his back, while the 19-year-old suffered wounds to his chest and leg. None of those injured was identified.
Police said one of the possible gunmen, a 16-year-old boy, opened fire on cops when they responded to the scene and was taken into custody after the deadly shooting on South Wells Avenue around 8:20 p.m., the outlet said.
The teen, who has not been identified, was charged with six counts of attempted first-degree murder of peace officers, three counts of aggravated discharge of a firearm toward an occupied vehicle and unlawful use of a weapon by a person under 21, according to cops.
Police said the gunmen are believed to have used handguns with “Glock switches” — illegal attachments that allow the weapons to hold expanded magazines with up to 50 rounds.
Cops have not revealed a motive for the shooting.
According to Chicago Police Department statistics, there were 887 shootings in the city so far this year as of May 28, a 6% dip over the 937 shootings for the same time last year.
Pierre Johnson video
If you are interested in reading such informative articles on topics from across the globe, keep visiting Atinka News regularly.
You are free to share this story via the various social media platforms…..