Tragic rollercoaster victim Shylah Rodden is scheduled to appear in a Melbourne court this week on theft charges.
Shylah remains bedridden at the Royal Melbourne Hospital where she has been recovering since a rollercoaster ploughed into her at the Melbourne Royal Show on September 24.
Police sources have told Daily Mail Australia the charges relate to an incident that occurred before the 26-year old’s accident.
Despite her dire condition, public court records show Shylah is due to appear in court on Wednesday alongside lawyers from Melbourne’s SLKQ Lawyers, who could not be contacted on Monday.
Hospital staff told Daily Mail Australia just days before Christmas that Shylah remained in a stable condition after being brought out of a medically-induced coma in November.
The court hearing is likely to be adjourned as Shylah remains unable to communicate with friends and family.
The allegations surrounding the charges will remain unavailable to the public until the matter either proceeds or is withdrawn before a magistrate.
It was revealed last year Shylah had endured a tumultuous life, which had seen her previously convicted over dishonesty matters.
Both Victoria Police and Shylah’s family refused to comment when questioned by Daily Mail Australia.
Shylah faces years of rehabilitation after suffering a massive brain injury when she was flung nine metres into the air by the fast-moving ride while trying to retrieve a dropped phone.